Sneaky Knitting

I kept diaries from about 2003 to 2005, wrote in them daily. I would summarize my day and the scriptures I read that night (yes I used to read my scriptures every day). Flipping through the diaries now, I see my entries were usually about how slow or busy work was and how much my head hurt. I think I'm much more interested now in my own life, even if I'm not interesting. And that's all that matters.

So I figured out a trick last night, to make knitting the Ad Infinitum shawl more palatable. I pulled up KnitPicks website on my laptop and watched their video tutorials on how to make socks while I knit away on the shawl... I think it worked! Before I knew it, I understood basic sock construction AND had only the bind off row left to knit. Great success!

Did I say I wanted to knit a circular shawl, or sexy vesty, or summer flies yesterday? Forget it. I want to knit socks. Hours and hours of stockinette stitch are in my immediate future. At least I figured out how to read and knit at the same time.

ETA: Bind off on the AI shawl finished during lunch. Had to take a picture of the light at the end of the tunnel for posterity. On another note, why the heck am I knitting a full shawl when the sun is shining that brightly!

0 comments:

Back to Home Back to Top CastawayCreation. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.